I created identical partition tables on my two SATA disks or rather I made the/dev/sdb identical to /dev/sda because my current root file system resides in /dev/sda2 and /boot/ is on /dev/sda1
/dev/sda1 == 200MB /boot/
/deb/sda2 == 2GB /
I then ran the following command.
mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sda3 dev/sdb3
To make sure everything is running properly:
cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid5] [multipath] md0 : active raid1 sdb3 sda3 196996992 blocks [2/2] [UU] [==>..................] resync = 10.3% (20347136/196996992) finish=46.4min speed=63318K/sec unused devices:
The next step is that when the resync is finished is to use lvm and set myself up some areas to work in.