I have had a recent spate of people spamming the job site. I knew this would happen eventually. The site has PR6, this means that spammers think if they have a link on the site it will leak enough pagerank to warrant spamming it. This has meant that a lot of spammers have been putting fake job adverts on the site.
I suppose the only way around this is to ask for money since it is really only cost that will stop a spammer, i.e. if it costs more to spam the site than they get back in return then they are not going to do it, I hope 😉
These are my index counts for a particular keyword with the new google “BigDaddy” infrastrucure.
Datacenter: Index Count
I have now got over 50 job feeds in the database and I am still looking for more. If you know of an RSS Job feed that is not currently in the database please let me know and I will add it.
I have just added all of the microsoft.com jobs to the Rss Jobs search engine. They have now been indexed.
Now all I need to do is find several more large corporates to add to UKlug. If anyone has any suggestions then please feel free to let me know.
I managed to find another 3 rss job feeds today for the RSS Jobs website.
That takes me back up to 19 job feeds in total. I had to take 3 of the feeds off earlier in the week because they were just duplicate jobs so I decided to go looking for some more.
As usual if you find an rss job feed please let me know and I will add it to the database.
I have added some job search statistics to RSS Job feed website. Every search is now added to a table and counted so that I can see which searches are the most popular.
Most Common Job Search Words
I started cleaning up the back end of the RSS jobs site today. This mainly involved tidying up some cron jobs. There was one change that I had to make because a couple of the larger rss job feeds that I get have duplicate entries in them. This means people searching the site would get lots of jobs duplicated in their results. This is not good so I added some checks to stop the duplicates getting in. There are probably still a few problems with the smaller sites but I can deal with them as I encounter them.
I would dearly love to move the site to templates but that is a fairly large job so it can wait, besides why fix that which is not broken.
I suppose I should really fix the HTML at some point but that can wait until the move to Template Toolkit 😉